Have you already driven a quad? If you know that, you know what an exciting experience it is to explore hidden trails on this stable dirt bike. You do not need much experience, but still you get all the satisfaction that you reach remote places in no time. Even if you are an experienced quadruiter, here are some facts you may not know.
1.In 1893 the first powered quadracycle was built and sold by Royal Enfield, a British cycling company. It looked like an ATV in the form of a horseless carriage that was intended for road transport.
2. In the 1970s, Honda introduced the production of tricycles and quads that were modeled on their motorcycles.
3. Suzuki is recognized as a leader in the advancement of ATV & # 39; s or quads and in 1982 the first ATV (QuadRunner LT125) was sold as a recreational vehicle for beginners.
4. The first ATVs were very different from the modern quad we have today. Some of them originally came with 6 wheels. They were so bare that these vehicles had no rear lights until 1998, when they were obliged to have them. It was only when the HONDA Rubicon was taken into production that ATVs were equipped with GPRS.
5. Honda's FourTrax TRX350 4X4 ATV introduction in 1986 paved the way for the now popular four-wheel drive ATVs.
6. By the time the 90s were coming, people were finding that ATVs have the potential to be useful and powerful work vehicles, since then they have often been seen on farms. Eventually golf carts and airport baggage tractors were provided with a pattern after the four-wheeled bicycle with adapted specifications for a special purpose.
7. Quads are divided into three categories, road legal, off-road and utilities. Road legals are the ones that have to be registered and can of course drive on the public road with a driving license. Off-road quads are the ones used for recreation, farms and other heavy terrain activities. Utility & # 39; s are used for both road and work.
8. The Australian Matt Coulter made world record history by performing the longest jump on a quad. The date was April 17, 200 when he jumped more than 14 Honda CRV vehicles with a distance of 134ft
9. Jon Geutter from Minnesota was the first person to successfully complete a rear flip on a four-wheeled bicycle .
10. Parking and maneuvering on a quad at low speeds is easier. The rear wheels of the vehicle actually move in the opposite direction to that of the front wheels.
You have now had a taste of some interesting facts about this vehicle; now it's time to experience the real thrill of quad biking. The years of innovation and improvement of these beautiful bikes has led to a very popular action adventure sport.