Jon Rahm: World Number One Uncertain About Irish Open Defense

Posted by on   /   Posted in golf reviews

Jon Rahm replaced Rory McIlroy as World Number One after his victory at the Memorial Tournament in July

Irish Open and World Champion Jon Rahm says he won't be defending any of his European Tour titles this season due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The US-based Spaniard won his second Irish Open in Lahinch and triumphed at his home event last year.

This year's Spanish Open has been canceled, but the Irish Open will take place at Galgorm Castle from September 24-27. ]

"It's rough flying in public – having a mask on for more than 10 hours just doesn't sound very good to me," he said.

"Doesn't sound healthy at all, so I don't know what I'm going to do. Right now I just don't see myself going to Europe. [1945] 9006]

"That will be my primary concern, how safe it will be and how things will be managed."

Rahm, 25, won the Race to Dubai last season and had this years to defend three titles.

"I think it's going to be something I'm going to think about after the US Open and see how the Covid guidelines are around the world," ; & # 39; Rahm said before the Northern Trust tournament on the PGA Tour.

Rahm is also the titleholder at the seasonally ending DP World Tour Championship in Dubai, which will take place December 10-13.

"Dubai is so far ahead, we'll have to see what's going to happen. I don't know," added Rahm. " my main thought is that I don't know if I can go to Spain for Christmas to see my family. That's my biggest thing right now.

"When it comes between going to Spain and see my family and play a golf tournament, then I don't play golf, that's all I can say. "

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.